dental care blog
Find great information, insights, tips and helpful information on how to keep your teeth healthy
Dental emergencies are so called because you never know when you are going to experience a dental emergency. However, whenever there is any dental emergency you can be rest assured to know that emergency dental care is available at our office 24x7. Whether you have tooth ache or your child knocks out a couple of teeth while playing in the backyard, or you chip your front tooth playing football, getting the emergency dental treatment you need is convenient and accessible.
If you are in any dental emergency, our team at Edmonton Emergency Dental Clinic is here to help you any time of the day and night. Dental emergencies shouldn't be taken lightly, so when in severe pain or discomfort, don't delay visiting emergency dentist. Contact us immediately.
Some of the common dental emergencies include:
Lost crowns and fillings:
Crowns are used to cover damaged or broken teeth. Fillings, on the other hand, are used to treat cavities. Eventually, it is possible for both of these things to slacken and fall out. A lost crown or filling can be painful, because the exposed tissue may be sensitive. Cold and hot temperatures will cause discomfort. While a lost crown or filling might not be as serious a dental emergency as a chipped or broken tooth, you need to get it fixed instantly.
Broken dentures means difficulty in eating food and talking. It can make everyday tasks arduous and trying. If you can't eat properly, the situation calls for emergency care. Depending on the condition of the dentures, you may need to get a new set of dentures. On the other hand, if they are not damaged too severely, then with a simple fix they can again be fine again. If you are having problems with your denture, get in contact with us instantly.
For pain linked with gums and teeth or injury to tooth, Edmonton Emergency Dental Clinic is the better choice. Without treatment, dental pain almost always becomes more severe and can ignite other serious health problems. If a tooth has been knocked out of your mouth or traumatized, our team can treat the sensitive tissues and nerves that could be damaged. By replacing the tooth immediately, chances are it can be saved.
We provide treatments for wide array of dental emergencies including but not limited to:
Tooth extractions including wisdom tooth extractions
Broken orthodontic braces
Root canal treatments
Loose implant crowns
Loose teeth or crowns
Broken veneers or bridge
Chipped or broken teeth
So, when in any dental emergency, schedule your emergency appointment with us without any delay. When looking for Edmonton dentist open Sunday, then also look no further and contact us.
You have a perfectly healthy set of teeth, because you don't feel any discomfort or see anything wrong or unusual with your teeth, right? Wrong! Well, when it comes to teeth, then the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" doesn't really proves a good idea. Most people really can't tell if there is something wrong with their teeth, unless they visit a dentist or problem aggravates.
Have a look at these interesting dental facts:
Gum disease or periodontal disease is the main reason of tooth loss all across the globe. This is basically a condition in which you lose the bone that surrounds your teeth, so that even healthy teeth may come out.
A huge number of people who get diagnosed with cavities didn't even know in first place that they have had a cavity.
A large number of patients who grind or clench their teeth, experience issues like cracked teeth, chipped or worn-out teeth.
These things can be really confusing and that is likely why at some point many people find themselves meeting a dental emergency. Some emergencies are due to accidents. But, most of the dental emergencies are caused due to negligence. So here are a few simple ways on how to avoid dental emergency.
Here at Edmonton Emergency Dental Clinic, our mission is to provide the highest quality of dental services and care. We treat each patient as a welcomed guest and provide prompt emergency dental services. Even though a lot of advancements have taken place in modern dentistry, there are still many dental myths that are very popular. Today, we are here to debunk some of the really popular dental myths and present you with the truth about some common dental misconceptions.
You have no idea that when you experience a dental emergency, however, if you do, you should be relieved to know that emergency dental care is available at Edmonton Emergency Dental Clinic, 24x7. Whether your kid knocks a few teeth while playing on the ground or whether you chip your front teeth while playing football, getting the emergency dental treatment you need is convenient and accessible.
However, meanwhile you should take first aid treatment in effort to prevent loss of blood or stop condition from worsening. Here we are listing a few first aid treatments for dental emergencies.
Knocked out tooth:
1. Try to find the lost tooth. If you find no success in locating the knocked out tooth. Don't forget to check in the mouth where the tooth should have been to ensure it is not caught in the soft tissue.
2. If the tooth is dirty, rinse it properly with water. Do not remove any tissue fragments or any attached tissue. Put the tooth in a cup of milk or saliva. If it is not feasible, put the tooth in a cup of water.
3. Time is crucial factor in case of saving the tooth. So, visit the dentist ASAP.
Broken or chipped tooth:
1. Properly clean the affected area with warm water
2. Don't let the tooth come in contact with cold liquid or even air
3. In case of swelling, place a cold compresses on the area of the injured tooth.
4. Visit the dentist immediately
Bitten tongue or lip:
1. Use a clean cloth to apply the direct pressure to the bleeding spot
2. If you see any swelling, apply a cold compress
3. If bleeding continues, then visit the emergency dentist as soon as possible.
Orthodontic issues (problems with retainers and braces):
1. If a projected wire is creating irritation, envelope the end using a cotton ball, a piece of gauze or beeswax until you visit the dentist.
2. If a loose wire gets caught in the check, do not try to remove it. Visit the dentist instantly.
3. If a piece of an appliance breaks off, or becomes loose, keep the piece and appliance in a clean jar and take the patient to the dentist.
1. Clean the mouth with warm salt water in order to remove any food that may be stuck in between the teeth. Use dental floss to clean out the food that may be lodged in between the teeth or cavity.
2. Visit Edmonton Emergency Dental Clinic as soon as possible.
You can easily reach us in case of an emergency by calling on 587 410 5766.
Call Now: 587 410 5766
Dr. Alexander Yeh and Dr. Iyad Al-Qishawi are registered general dentists. They graduated in the same class at the University of Manitoba’s Faculty of Dentistry.
Edmonton Emergency Dental Services:
Pain and infection relief
Phone: 587 410 5766
Address: Suite #110 4445 Calgary Trail Southbound NW, Edmonton, AB T6H5R7