dental care blog
Find great information, insights, tips and helpful information on how to keep your teeth healthy
You have no idea that when you experience a dental emergency, however, if you do, you should be relieved to know that emergency dental care is available at Edmonton Emergency Dental Clinic, 24x7. Whether your kid knocks a few teeth while playing on the ground or whether you chip your front teeth while playing football, getting the emergency dental treatment you need is convenient and accessible.
However, meanwhile you should take first aid treatment in effort to prevent loss of blood or stop condition from worsening. Here we are listing a few first aid treatments for dental emergencies.
Knocked out tooth:
1. Try to find the lost tooth. If you find no success in locating the knocked out tooth. Don't forget to check in the mouth where the tooth should have been to ensure it is not caught in the soft tissue.
2. If the tooth is dirty, rinse it properly with water. Do not remove any tissue fragments or any attached tissue. Put the tooth in a cup of milk or saliva. If it is not feasible, put the tooth in a cup of water.
3. Time is crucial factor in case of saving the tooth. So, visit the dentist ASAP.
Broken or chipped tooth:
1. Properly clean the affected area with warm water
2. Don't let the tooth come in contact with cold liquid or even air
3. In case of swelling, place a cold compresses on the area of the injured tooth.
4. Visit the dentist immediately
Bitten tongue or lip:
1. Use a clean cloth to apply the direct pressure to the bleeding spot
2. If you see any swelling, apply a cold compress
3. If bleeding continues, then visit the emergency dentist as soon as possible.
Orthodontic issues (problems with retainers and braces):
1. If a projected wire is creating irritation, envelope the end using a cotton ball, a piece of gauze or beeswax until you visit the dentist.
2. If a loose wire gets caught in the check, do not try to remove it. Visit the dentist instantly.
3. If a piece of an appliance breaks off, or becomes loose, keep the piece and appliance in a clean jar and take the patient to the dentist.
1. Clean the mouth with warm salt water in order to remove any food that may be stuck in between the teeth. Use dental floss to clean out the food that may be lodged in between the teeth or cavity.
2. Visit Edmonton Emergency Dental Clinic as soon as possible.
You can easily reach us in case of an emergency by calling on 587 410 5766.
Call Now: 587 410 5766
Dr. Alexander Yeh and Dr. Iyad Al-Qishawi are registered general dentists. They graduated in the same class at the University of Manitoba’s Faculty of Dentistry.
Edmonton Emergency Dental Services:
Pain and infection relief
Phone: 587 410 5766
Address: Suite #110 4445 Calgary Trail Southbound NW, Edmonton, AB T6H5R7